Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Talk About Green Tea!


Chumley and I decided to be somebody and use up pretty much all our Marriott Rewards Points in one go, posing as the rich and famous at the Grosvenor (pronounced GROVE - en- or) House Hotel on Park Lane in London this long weekend.  We mock what we don't understand.  By the time we got our luggage toted across London via the tube, we were feeling like two dim bulbs at a high-wattage address.  Restorative fresh air was in order.  A quick walk by the adjacent Dorchester Hotel's gardens brought the festive back. 

As my grandma would say, that garden was cute as hell.  The Dorchester is on the very short list of places to experience other-worldly English High Tea in London, with the High Prices to match.  The highest of High Tea is certainly a meal, and the Dorchester is giving it away at £46.50.  That's almost $75 a pop.  But the pictures I took were free.  Tea at the Dorchester attracts all sorts of visitors.
I'm sure carrot crudites are in order. 

Tea, anyone?

2 comments:

ChaChaneen said...

Very pretty gardens indeed! Can't wait to see the rest of your light bulb adventure! ha ha That was a funny line!

tina said...

Nice! I have yet to have tea at the Dorchester though it's on my list! It's not really the sort of thing I can convince my husband to do. :)